Stone to commemorate the town foundation

Monuments

Contact us

Erected for foundation of Utena town. Name Utena was mentioned for the first time in historical sources in 1261 when Mindaugas, transferring some lands to the Sword-bearers, included the name of Utena. At that time it was not a town but wooden castle situated by Utenėlė rivulet on Narkūnai Castle-Hill. 

Reviews

To comment on