Utena post station complex (Art School) was built in 1830-1835. It is a halfway of the tract St. Petersburg-Warsaw, the oldest brick building remaining in Utena, the oldest architectural monument in the city. In the old days, the complex had a lounge for the travelers waiting for carriages; it had rooms for cabmen, barracks, stables, and a garage with different transport means- carriages, passenger stagecoaches and vans. In the basement, there was a storage room and a temporary cell room. The basement has survived without major changes; presently it houses an art gallery “Rūsys” where exhibitions are held. The old roadside complex has been successfully adapted to meet scientific, art, culture and education needs.